Monday, May 02, 2016

May,

















When things go wrong, as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low and the debts are high;
and you want to smile but you have to sigh.
When all is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint on the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems far.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit. 


- by John Greenleaf 













I must say, for the past 60 days I've been feeling very sad, dull and depressed almost all the time. People around me are just sitting down, and pointing out my mistakes. I just feel like I'm under a microscope all the time. I just don't want to follow people's paths. I have my own. I wanna be successful in doing what I love and not just blindly follow instructions from other people. I also have less friends around me now and some of my closest friends in high school don't even talk to me or reply my messages anymore. I hate growing up. I hate being in a community where no one accepts the person you are. No one says 'It's okay' if you don't want to become a doctor or a teacher. Where no one says congratulations to the person that didn't get straight A's, I just hope this generation of youths can actually change the typical mindset of people. I just don't understand why people around me just don't accept anyone that is trying to pursue a career in music/acting or sport. Why does everything need to be academically measured based on examinations and results.








Honestly if you ask me whether a straight A+ student is smart, I would reply,  No. Don't be shocked because that person might have gotten straight A+ by just basically memorizing all the facts and just copy pasting it on the exam sheets. There are so many people that didn't actually get good results in examinations but turned out to be smart in life. If you get good results, congrats! , if you didn't, congrats! too, because it's just an exam. Don't compare people because different people have different strengths and weaknesses so it's not human to actually compare one another. Just embrace who you are and do what ever you wanna do.







To end this very sudden update, I would like to say be kind to one another and chase you dreams. Do whatever you guys are passionate about and that's all I guess and let's make a difference so that the world will be a better place in future (and I sound like a cliche global warming campaign commercial) , bye :)











ps; it's just 14 days till 17 May